Wednesday, September 21, 2011

People, Problems, Prayer

I was gone for a while. Let me say, there are a lot of pros to not having the internet! I’ve had a lot of time to think and pray. And I’m not to sure if this blog post I’m writing will in anyway further your walk with Christ, though I hope it will. I think this is more of a vent for me at the moment. To tell the truth, the main reason for this blog was simply to write out things I hope to learn and am going through.

Now, enough sprawling thoughts, onto the post: People, Problems, Prayer.

The reason I haven’t had internet access is because I’ve been traveling. Albeit, I see strangers every day, seeing the many different people from all different places made me hurt. I hurt because I thought of the many souls who were lost and didn’t know what (or for Whom) they were searching, and the many more people who thought they had found the answers yet were just as lost as the others. It made me think of my cousins, friends, and others relatives who do not know Jesus as their Savior and Lord, going down a path that only brings them closer and closer to destruction.

All too often I come to loss. And I begin to wonder “Should I have started up a conversation with that person?”, “I could have shared the gospel with them. Why didn’t I?” “Why have the seeds I’ve planted never brought forth fruit?”

I know that God cares for each and every one of the sparrows, and He cares for each person abundantly more than any sparrow. The Spirit reminds me that no matter how much or how little I share ultimately it makes no difference, I am only a tool. It is His Spirit that draws people to Him, not me. If He uses me, praise the Lord.

However if I continue to obey the commission given to us (‘Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations’) I can believe He will be faithful to perform His promises.

"He continually goes forth bearing seed seed for sowing shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his with him". Ps 126:6 "He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much" Lk 16:10 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." Mt 7:7
"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." Gal 6:9

The words like 'faithful' and 'continually' pop out at me. I remember once, listening to a sermon, I heard something that made me think. The pastor said, 'Bareness is the soil in which God grows desperation and a sense of need.' A while ago I posted this video because it was such a wonderful reminder to me to never lose heart. If I sow and another reaps do they get the greater job? Certainly not! If another sows and I reap still I have done nothing, but the Lord works mightily through our weaknesses!

 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God."

Bareness can be such a gift! It is like 'the gift of tears', the gift of drawing us closer the the feet of our mighty God sitting on His high thrown!

Praise God for giving us the powerful gift of prayer! The effective fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much! (James 5:16b)

No comments: