Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Surpassing All My Understanding!

Wow. I don't know how, or what to write, but I feel like I need to express this joy, this amazing inner peace. It's like a great light trying to shine out, like a beautiful song trying to burst through, or a dance -deep inside of me- ready to leap into action!

"Remember surrender; remember the rest? Remember the weight lifting off of you chest, and realizing it's not up to you and it never was..." -Sara Groves

"Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, Thou art very great; Thou art clothed with honour and majesty. Who covers Thyself with light as with a garment: who stretches out the heavens like a curtain: Who layeth the beams of His chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds His chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind: Who maketh His angels spirits; His ministers a flaming fire: Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever. He sendeth the springs into the valleys, which run among the hills. He watereth the hills from His chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of Thy works. He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their meat from God. O LORD, how manifold are Thy works! In wisdom hast Thou made them all: the earth is full of Thy riches. So is this great and wide sea, wherein are things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts. There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom Thou hast made to play therein. These wait all upon Thee; that Thou mayest give them their meat in due season. That Thou givest them they gather: Thou openest Thine hand, they are filled with good. The glory of the LORD shall endure for ever: the LORD shall rejoice in his works. He looketh on the earth, and it trembleth: He touches the hills, and they smoke. I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. My meditation of Him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD. Bless thou the LORD, O my soul. Praise ye the LORD."
(Psalm 104:5,10,13,14,21,24-28,31-34)

It is so wonderful to know that He is sovereign! When I realize that God has a plan for me, He has a reason for all this that is too high for me to grasp... it makes me smile.

I have been pretty busy with VBS for the last couple of days. I have been praying for the students I would have for VBS as soon as I knew I would be teaching a class; and it has just been so wonderful knowing that God choose these (two) students just for me.

God, as gracious as He is, has given me faith this week to surrender, and because of that I have been seeing how, the facts that I've had to change the weeks lessons and only had two very introverted children have been planned out perfectly by God. I can't explain it, but if each thing this week had not happened how and when it did, it just wouldn't have been right.

The Lord has put verses and answers in my mouth to give to these kid's questions, and I can really see them opening up! And it is so exciting.

All I can say: God is so good! His way is perfect! Oh, if only I would learn how high above my way His way is. He has turned my anxiety into a peace that surpasses all understanding!

Psalm 37:4,5, "Delight yourself also in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass."

(If you have made it down here, I commend you, because my mind is going 100 miles an hour right now and I have know idea how random this post may be.) I guess what I'm saying is trust, obey, and be thankful; because He has a treasure in store, because His way is better than yours, and because there is not a chance you can see ahead and find out what peace, joy, and fulfilment it will bring to serve where and how God has lead you to work.

As I was learning/teaching in VBS, without the shield of faith all of the devils fiery darts would have harmed Joseph and Job and you. But when we simply trust that He allowed this for a reason we can grow -completely unaffected by the devils fiery darts.

Oh, I am so thankful for the love He gives!

Adopted by the Heavenly Father,
Ashlin

P.S. If you feel lead to pray for Jacob or Julia, my two VBS students, that would be greatly appreciated. Jacob started out closed and seemingly unresponsive, but now he has opened up so much he would rather learn more from the Bible than play a game! I can really see God working, but I would still like prayer. Thank you! ♥

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This was lovely Ashlin! I love that song, and that Psalm....the imagery in the words is so beautiful and awe-inspiring. Oh! How great is our God!
Blessings as you continue to serve in VBS this week...I will lift Jacob and Julia up to our Heavenly Father in prayer.
In Christ,
Melanie

Sarah said...

Beautiful, Ashlin! Your passion is simply beautiful. Keep on shining your light in this dark world! Our church recently finished our VBS last week in which my sisters and I participated with the preschool crafts. In the words of my pastor, "Six precious souls" found salvation in Christ. Praise the Lord!!
Joyfully His,
Elisera

Ashlin said...

Isn't it so exciting to see that Spirit work in the hearts of young children! I believe there is more joy in heaven over each sinner who repents from there sin, than we really know!

Thank you so much for praying. I can already see how they have changed from the first they came to now! Yes, how great is our God!

Breana said...

So encouraging to read, thank you for sharing what God has been teaching you!!! It is SO good to be reminded of who we serve!!!