Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Jesus I am Resting, Resting

I have been pretty busy these last few weeks. I have been trying my best to not get irritated over the fact that the schedule I've had has not been kept -even in the slightest...

But I believe that my God has reason for everything that happens. And I am so thankful that He allows "bad" things in my life.

I recently read something by Joseph M. Stowell: "Busyness creates a flat and dull sort of Christian that can begin to turn our hearts cold and even sour if we are not careful."

I have been busy with "good" things. I've been helping my young cousin and another younger friend with memorizing verses for the Bible Bee. I have been prepping for teaching a VBS class. I've been doing a lot of praying for myself and the children I'll be working with during VBS because I'm helping at a very small (very poor) church. That means I'll probably be the only teacher for the 5th and 6th graders! Plus I was told that they get a lot of children from the surrounding neighborhoods. I've been busy visiting my grandma and helping her around the house. I've even been busy praying. (I have been getting new prayer requests from friends and family almost every day.)

To top it all off I just got over the flu and now I'm sick with a fever and a sore throat...

But I have faith that "God works all things together for good to those who love Him".

I need Him. Desperately. Oh, how I need Him! And if God uses illness to remind me to be still, and know that He is God, then I say "Thank You, Lord Jesus, for my aching throat!"

If He wills to teach me that He is sovereign and I must fully rely on Him by turn my plan upside down. As the clay is in the potter’s hand, so am I in His hand.

"I need thee every hour, in joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain...

I need thee every hour; teach me thy will;
and thy rich promises in me fulfill.
...O bless me now, my Savior, I come to thee."
-Annie S. Hawks

Through all of this I hear Jesus say,
"Can your heart endure, or can your hands remain strong?" Ezekiel 22:14
"I, the LORD, am with you as a mighty, awesome One." Jeremiah 20:11
"I will show you the path of life; In My presence is fullness of joy; at My right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11
"Delight yourself in the Me, and I shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Me, trust also in Me, and I shall bring it to pass." Psalm 37:4,5
"I preserve the simple; you were brought low, and I saved you. Return to your rest, for I, the LORD, have dealt bountifully with you. For I have delivered your soul from death, your eyes from tears, and your feet from falling." Psalm 116:6-8
"Come to Me... and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
“I have loved you,” says the LORD. Malachi 1:2



Thank You, Jesus, for using sickness, a messed up schedule, and all the other "bad stuff" that comes into my life to teach (and re-teach) me a lesson.


Ever lift Thy face upon me,
As I work and wait for Thee;
Resting 'neath Thy smile, Lord Jesus,
Earth's dark shadows flee.
Brightness of my Father's glory,
Sunshine of my Father's face,
Keep me ever trusting, resting,
Fill me with Thy grace

In His Love,
Ashlin

P.S. One of the things the Lord used to teach me was through this post on rest. I hope you check it out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved this post, Ashlin. Thank you so much for sharing! :) Praying for you!
By His grace,
Melanie~