Saturday, March 26, 2011

When I Am Weak -part 2

"No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

The Lord has given me assurance I'm forgiven; I have reason to rejoice. But what about when I don't take the "way of escape" that God has prepared for me?

I have the victory through Christ Jesus. But there is a time for mourning. After all Jesus did say "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." Psalms 34:18 says "The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit."

2 Corinthians 7:9-10, "Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death."

The difference between godly sorrow and the sorrow of the world: I still recognize the cost of sin, but it doesn't stay, I make a 180* and go the right way, but I don't need to keep looking back and remembering what I've done wrong. "I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins." (Isaiah 43:25)

The fact that I'm a sinner, and a miserable sinner at that, is what makes Christ strong in me. Amazing...
"And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."(2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

No comments: