Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Maewyn Succat Quotes

"If I have any worth, it is to live my life for God so as to teach these peoples; even though some of them still look down on me."
"I am imperfect in many things, nevertheless I want my brethren and kinsfolk to know my nature so that they may be able to perceive my soul's desire."


"In short, I am a slave in Christ to this faraway people for the indescribable glory of 'everlasting life which is in Jesus Christ our Lord."
“I bind to myself today,
The power of God to guide me,
The might of God to uphold me,
The wisdom of God to teach me,
The eye of God to watch over me,
The ear of God to hear me,
The Word of God to give me speech,
The hand of God to protect me,
The way of God to prevent me,
The shield of God to shelter me,
The host of God to defend me, —


Against the snares of demons
Against the temptations of vices,
Against the lusts of nature,
Against everyone who would injure me
Whether far or near,
Whether few or with many.

Of the Lord is salvation;
Christ is salvation;
With us ever be
Thy salvation, O Lord!"

~ Saint Patrick

No comments: