Tuesday, April 22, 2014

What Do I Know?

I just heard this song, What Do I Know by Sara Groves. And it really meant something to me, it touched me. It's a sad song, but it will probably mean a lot to you if you are grieving right now. At least, you'll really understand the emotions of it.
I have seen this, the way life ends "too soon" at 80 or 90 years old. I've seen it a lot doing clinicals in a long-term care facility. I was just talking with a fellow student about why we feel like an aging body that starts breaking down, why death, is so un-natural. Because God made us to live forever. We were created for an eternity.




Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Precious in the sight of the Lord, Is the death of His saints.
Psalm 116:15

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Romans 8:18

Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them.”
Revelation 14:13

And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
Revelation 21:4

"O Death, where is your sting?"
I Corinthians 15:52-57
Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed – in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

” O Death, where is your sting?

O Hades, where is your victory?”

The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Diwakar said...

Hello Ashlin. So good to know you through your profile on the profile and also I am glad to stop by your blog " My hiding Place" and the post on it "What do I know" You have beautifully narrated the meaning of this song giving all hopes of eternity. Those beautiful verses from the Bible that are quoted are real strength to the believers and also assurance of eternal life that removes fear of physical death. Well I am blessed to know you as well as to go through your post. Since you have your interest let me share about what our church in Mumbai, India has for the young people as well as adults in the West. Our church encourages such people to come to Mumbai to work with us on a short / long term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai amongst poorest of poor to share the good news of Jesus and to give them new hope, future and life. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in this great city of Mumbai, INDIA a city with great contrast where richest of rich and poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor in the slums of Mumbai with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us during your summer. Christmas vacation. I am sure you will have a life changing experience and you will never be the same. My email id is : dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.