Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Lord Will Quiet You With His Love

"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God." -2 Corinthians 1:3-4

I have had a few different friends lose loved ones in the past month or so, and I wish I'd been a better comforter and friend to them in that time. But we can learn from our mistakes. And we can grow in our times of trouble.

"I am filled with comfort. I am exceedingly joyful in all our tribulation." -2 Corinthians 7:4b

"This is my comfort in my affliction, for Your word has given me life." -Psalm 119:50

"I will be glad and rejoice in Your mercy, for You have considered my trouble; You have known my soul in adversities," -Psalm 31:7

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me." -Psalm 23:4

"The LORD your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zephaniah 3:17

"The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all." -Psalm 34:18,19

I don't know what you are going through in this life now, but lean on the Lord through it all. He cares for you, only trust Him. Thank the Lord for any trials you may be going through and depend upon His strength. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, Christ has overcome the world! In His presence is fullness of joy.

P.S. Thank you girls, for being such sweet friends! You know who you are, you are such a blessing.

No comments: