Saturday, November 26, 2011

"It is one thing to go through a crisis grandly, but another thing to go through every day glorifying God when there is no witness, no limelight, no one paying the remotest attention to us."
-Oswald Chambers

"If we desire to end our days in joy and comfort, let us lay the foundation of a comfortable death now betimes. To die well is not a thing of that light moment as some imagine: it is no easy matter. But to die well is a matter of every day. Let us daily do some good that may help us at the time of our death. Every day by repentance pull out the sting of some sin,that so when death comes, we may have nothing to do but to die. To die well is the action of the whole life."
-Richard Sibbes

I read these qoutes and thought of my grandmother. They describe her life so well. It takes an extremely large amount of humility and devotion to live a life so removed from one's own desires and natural tendencies in order to more fully allow Chrsit to reign.

My grand mother passed away a week ago Friday. I'm so grateful to have been able to know her so well and learn from her almost every day. She had a consuming love for the Lord, and loved others much more than herself.

"Man is like a breath; his days are like a passing shadow." -Ps.144:4

It can be so easy to live for myself, to allow myself be driven by my mood or emotions, but every day spent on myself is a day waisted. It sounds trite or cliché but treat every day like a gift. You don't know when your life will end, and you don't know when the life of those you love will end.

Every day surrender yourself, your life to Chrsit, and always look for opprotunites to bless others.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am still praying for y'all! I know that the following weeks will have good days and bad days, but you've got to rely on God through all of it! On Monday it will be two months since my grandpa died... And I've noticed when my focus is on ME, is when I have the hardest time... I love you guys!