Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September

It is the very first day of September. I know that means it will begin to get cooler, the leaves will start changing color, my brother will have another birthday, etc. Life is alway chang and the days seems to just fly by!


I may not be a very faithful poster and hope you will forgive me.


I was deciding what to post and I thought how about a poem! I hope you are blessed by:


Flame of God

by Amy Carmichael
(I epsecially love the last paragraph. I know it by heart)




From prayer that asks that I may be
Sheltered from winds that beat on Thee,
From fearing when I should aspire,
From faltering when I should climb higher
From silken self, O Captain, free
Thy soldier who would follow Thee.




From subtle love of softening things,
From easy choices, weakenings,
(Not thus are spirits fortified,
Not this way went the Crucified)
From all that dims Thy Calvary
O Lamb of God, deliver me.




Give me the love that leads the way,
The faith that nothing can dismay
The hope no disappointments tire,
The passion that will burn like fire;
Let me not sink to be a clod;
Make me Thy fuel, Flame of God




Happy September! ; )

No comments: