Wednesday, September 8, 2010

How Can These Verses Be Applied To Us?

When I as a single young person look at commands in the Bible for a wife (or husband), I ( and others) sometimes think , this is not for me. As I was reading Proverbs 31 in my devotions this morning and the Lord showed me this verse;



"She will do him good and not
evil all the days of her life."
Proverbs 31:12


It does not say, when she was married, but all the days of her life. That means, that we should be preparing ourselves for and waiting for that one person that God has for us every day.



When I see this verse (and verses like it), it can remind me that pure love waits. But how do I apply it in all of the days of my life? How do I apply those "Honor Marriage" passages to me and to my relationship with God? The Bible gives us Jesus' relationship with the church ( all believers), as an example on how we are to treat our spouse?


"Submitting yourselves one to
another in the fear of God.
Wives submit yourselves unto
your own husbands, as unto
the Lord. For the husband is
the head of the wife, even as
Christ is the head of the church:
and he is the saviour of the body.
Therefore as the church is subject
unto Christ, so let the wives be to
their own husbands in every thing.
Husbands, love your wives even as
Christ also loved the church, and
gave himself for it; That he might
sanctify and cleanse it with the
washing of the water by the word.
That he might present it to himself
a glorious church, not having spot,
or wrinkle, or any such thing; but
that it should be holy and without
blemish." Ephesians 5:21-27


Wow! What an example we have to follow!


I think we can reverse it and think "if our reationship with Christ is like marrige, passages about marrige can be applied with our relationship to Jesus."

I can serve the Lord the way the Bible commands us to serve our spouse.


May God bless each and everyone of us to be pure and blameless before Him!

No comments: