Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Silence is Golden?

I hope the silence on the blog has been "golden". It's been a little nice for, not doing my e-mails or reading up on blogs for almost a month. It's been a while, hasn't it? I didn't mean to take a break but somehow the end of  March slipped past me without so much as waving goodbye and of course the beginning of April came and went just as silently. All the while I've been telling myself to get back on my blog and do something, but I couldn't write.

Sometimes I cannot write because I have nothing to say. And other times I have too much to say and I can't seem to find a place to start or the right words to fill the empty spots that need filling. The words are just a little too far out of reach, when the idea is near enough to be seen yet distant enough to be intangible. So I was silent, not because I had nothing to say but because I had so much to say.

Am I making any sense?
How does one describe One who is utterly indescribable? Is there a word that means joy but is beyond incomprehensible joy? A word that encompasses the thunder of every waterfall, the dance of every brook, the laughter of every baby in the nestle of every daddy's arms? 
Is there a word that means passion? A word that gathers the roar of every lion, the blast of every volcano, the peal and crash of every wave that ever exploded against a seashore?
Is there a word that means intimacy and warmth? A word that bottles the softness of every sunshine, the promise of every rainbow, the twinkle of every star, the tiptoe of every doe and fawn between every forest's autumn leaves? 
Is there a word that means love? A word that means kindness? A word that means power, bigness humility, purity? 
I know of only one such word. It is the most awe-inspiring, breath-stealing, unequivocally magnificent word in this language or any other. Ironically it is a mere five letters, yet it carries a truth and meaning so big, so life-changing, so nation and eternity altering if only given the chance. 
It is the word of words. The single word that every human life right along with its every human hope and struggle is answered by and resolved in. It is the beginning, and it is the end. It is the fullness of life, the gateway to eternity, the hope of the ages. It is... 
Jesus

                                           -Bruce Marchiano

There is no greater joy on earth than to know Him. To truly know Him. Not to know of Him, to read daily about Him, to sing or pray to Him (though those may be amazing), but to know Who He is. To have an intimate relationship with th Creator of all things, to be one with Christ, to have the Spirit within you, is mercy too great to be taken so oft for granted.

Jesus. He loves you so much more than you know. He loves us so much that God "made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2 Corinthians 5:21) I hope you stop and come in to the presence of Him who loves you so and just draw nearer to him. Because it is easy not to. It is easy to forget how great a God we serve.

I read this in a devotional this morning: Psalm 5:3 - In the morning I will order my prayer to Thee and eagerly watch.
David had an incredible sense of expectancy about God. God was the great reality in his life. He knew the promises of God, he appealed often to them, and then he "watched" for God to show Himself strong. And God loved him for it.

We have to make it a habit. We have to choose to seek God, but when we do the reward is beyond anything we could compare. I remember something my dad said once during a devotion we did that has stuck in my head. We were reading in Daniel and he said, "Do you think Daniel just happened to pray three times a day? No, of course not! He had to make a decision to seek God through prayer every day, 3 times a day."

But that's the gift we've been given. Eternal life is not heaven, heaven is just a perk that comes with it, a relationship with Jesus Christ is the gift. If you don't have that I pray you find the Way the Truth and the Life today. For He loves you and wants you more than you know.

.~.~.~.~.

Well, I feel like I'm back in the blogging groove. We'll see! I just heard this song I hadn't previously heard on the radio and I had to remind myself that it is okay to keep smiling like a maniac. This is your God! He is your adopted Father!


Have a wonderful day,
Ashlin

1 comment:

Sam said...

Good post! [I missed them]
S