Sunday, April 28, 2013

Brilliant Blog Bouquet Award / Sunday Morning

My sweet friend and fellow blogger, Sarah awarded me, or my blog rather.
 
Questions:

1. If you could have a "flower pen name" like we have here on our blog, Violets and Daisies what would it be? This will probably be the longest answer. I would say Zinnia for many reasons. It's a fun name. Who wouldn't want to sign off as Zinnia. Also, it was my grandmother's favorite type of flower, so it's kind of grown on me. (Well, not her favorite but one of her favorites.) The flower, when looking at flower meanings, represents thoughts of friends and lasting affection which I think suits me (my sister agreed). Plus the flowers bloom in March, which is the month I was born. So there was just to much going for it to not choose Zinnia. I know, TMI. (The translation, for those of you who "don't speak text" : to much information.)


2. What is your favorite ever Bible verse and why? Galatians 2:20 which says "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

3. What are the blogs which inspire you most? My top 5 would be the following.
1. Maidens of Virtue is very good, I find the three sisters' posts very inspiring or funny or just a good read. I am currently enjoying the short story series very much!
2. Echoes of Now Miss Jade Valcarcel is an incredible writer, I find her blog very sincere and moving. (She's also a writer for Set Apart Girl.)
3. Fruitfulness at Home A blog (also written by three sisters) of some friends I also like to reed and see Michelle's photography
4. All She Has to Say has good, applicable lessons from another young Christian lady, encouraging and sometimes funny.
5. Desiring God Blog has encouraging, helpful posts like this one.

4. If you and your friends could visit any country in the world, where would you go? I guess one of the "I" places, Israel, Ireland, maybe Italy. =)

5. If you have one, feel free to share your testimony as to how you became a Christian.
I am so thankful to be raised in a Christian home. It has blessed me more than I know. So since I was raised going to church I've heard the amazing Gospel story countless times, and when I was younger I said "the sinners prayer" every time I had the possibility. I have no idea how many people came up to my parents and said, "Congratulations, your daughter just accepted Jesus as her Savior today." But, as you may have guessed, they didn't mean much. Of course I loved God and wanted to go to heaven, I knew I was a sinner, but I loved me more. I lived for me. I remember vividly the day when I was thirteen years old and I truly cried out to God that He had to save me and wanted to let my flesh die in Christ and I wanted to live in the Spirit. It wasn't until I turned sixteen that I started to really grasp surrender and of course it is an on going process as the Lord continues to work in me until the end. Philippians 1:6
 

~Rules~
Put a link to who gave you the award. Post the award to your blog. Answer the questions. Choose 5 blogs to receive the award. Let them know you've awarded them.
The Questions: 1. If you could have a "flower pen name" like we have here on our blog, Violets and Daisies what would it be?
2. What is your favorite ever Bible verse and why?
3. What are the blogs which inspire you most?
4. If you and your friends could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
5. If you have one, feel free to share your testimony as to how you became a Christian. Have a blessed weekend!

I also saw this musical tag on Sarah's blog. It was so funny that I thought I'd just pair it with this post.

RULES 1. Put your iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc. on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS.
4. Tag 20 friends. (Since this is an old tag this doesn’t really apply anymore, but if you’re reading this you’re absolutely welcome to steal it as well! Please do!) 5. Everyone tagged has to do the same thing.


 
QUESTIONS
If someone says "Are you okay?" you say… 
Tchaikovsky: The Nutcracker Suite, Op.71A - Coffee (Arabian Dance)
Am I okay?  I guess I just need some coffee, or (more likely) I need to dance!

 
What would best describe your personality? 
Shackles (Praise You) by Mandisa
I guess I feel shackled? (That's a real word right?) "Take the shackles off my feet so I can dance! I just wanna praise You, I just wanna praise You!"
 
How would you describe yourself? 
Drifting to Far From the Shore by Aaron Weil Band (Basically an unknown singer who does Christian Bluegrass.)
. . . Um. Drifting? That's bad.

What do you like in a guy/girl?
A
ll the Fun by Paul Overstreet
I guess I like all the fun!
 
How do you feel today? 
Crucified by Salvador

I feel that everyday. (Gal. 2:20)

What is your life's purpose?
There You Go by Caedmon's Call
To get going!

What's Your Motto? 
The Ninety and Nine by Andrew Peterson
Good motto.

What do your friends think of you?
Don't You Want to Thank Somebody by Andrew Peterson

I guess they think I oughta be more thankful.

What do your parents think of you? 
Be Thou Near To Me by Selah

Haha.
 

What do you think about very often? 
For I Know the Plans by Word of God Speak
I'm always planning.
What is 2 + 2? 
Beauty and the Beast from the soundtrack
Haha, the one song from that soundtrack I have on my ipod! Well, it is four words right? 
 What do you think of your best friend? 
Sinking by Michael Peacock

They're sinking?

What do you think of the person you like? 
Lord I'm Gonna Love You by Keith Green

I'm just not sure how to comment on that one.

What is your life story? 
Circles by Alison Brook

Spinnin' in circles!

What do you want to be when you grow up? 
(I've Got A Gal In) Kalamazoo by Glen Miller

I want to be a gal in Kalamazoo! (Not really.)


What do you think when you see the person you like? 
Someday Soon by Francesca Battistelli

Haha. Yeah, that's right! (Perfect song.)


What will you do at your wedding? 
I Stand Amazed by Bart Millard
I guess I will.

What will they play at your funeral? 
A Prayer by The Blind Boys of Alabama
That will work.

What is your hobby/interest? 
He Will Come by Mandisa

I just keep " Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;" Titus 2:13


What is your biggest fear? 
As You Therefore by Nathan Clark George
Um, speaking gibberish is a big fear of mine, since I do it quite often. "What is your biggest fear? As You Therefore!" Does that make any sense? Well, that's about how I speak somedays. =)

What is your biggest secret? 
Esengo by Selah

From what I could tell by searching the internet it means "glory". Which doesn't make much sense. . . again.

What do you want right now? 
Fofar Sodger/ Trip to the Skye/ The Birdie by 25 Years of Celtic Music
I want the birdie, I want a trip to the skye, and I want fofar sodger? Translation please?

What do you think of your friends? 
Take Another Run by Paul Overstreet
That's right, let's not give up, dear friend. We can take another run at it.

What's the worst thing that could happen?
It's Been a Long Time by Mark Shultz
The worst thing that could happen is waiting to long until it's to late.

What is the one thing you regret?
The Jug of Punch by Celtic Wonder
 
Uh. . . yeah, hmmm. 0_o

What makes you laugh?
Suddenly by Daniel Bashta
Surprises? Sudden changes?

What makes you cry?
Carol Ann by Michael W. Smith
Carol Ann, you make me cry.

Will you ever get married?
1945 by Jamie Grace
Right. . . I would have gotten married if I live in '45?

What scares you the most? 
The Parting Glass by Shaun Davey
Saying Goodbye. True.
 Does anyone like you?
Here For You by Branded

My daddy! (It's a daddy, daughter song.)

If you could go back in time, what would you change?
What Wondrous Love is This by Fernando Ortega

Through God's amazing love I can know that I needn't change a thing. All things work together for good to those who love Him. (Isn't Fernando Ortega the greatest ever?)

What hurts right now?
The Chasing Song by Andrew Peterson
My legs are a little sore from running around.

What would you want to say to the person who tagged you (if you were tagged)?
Love Enough by Andrew Peterson

"In stubborn spite of our stubborn spite we are loved nonetheless, we are loved all the more and I believe there is love enough for the taking." Sing with me, Sarah, I know you listen to Andrew Peterson's music.
 
What will you name this post?
Sunday Morning by Javen


Well I hope you all have a great Sunday morning! Oh, I forgot to tag/award people. Here we go:

Rachel @ Rachel's Blog
Reina Laaman @ Reina Laaman
Sarah, Jenny and Julia @ Maidens of Virtue
and Heather @ The Things I Love
 
Have Fun,
Ashlin

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Marvelous, Lady Ashlin! So glad you did this!!! ^__^

I love your song selections! Yes, yes, YES! We are big fans of Fernando Ortega and Andrew Peterson <3

Hope you and family have a beautiful week!