Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I love what missionary C. T. Studd wrote and I thought I would share it before I put forth my challenge.

Say not–Is the thing possible?
But–God is omnipotent!

Say not–Look what I’d lose!
But–See what I’d gain!

Say not–Have I the wisdom?
But–Am I a fool? I Cor. 3:18

Say not–I might lose my life!
But–I must save their souls!

Say not–Should I leave my possessions?
But–Christ’s my inheritance!

Say not–Is it the right time?
But–Christ’s coming soon!

Say not–What salary shall I draw?
But–The Bible’s my cheque book!

Say not–I fear the hardships!
But–I shall reign if I suffer!

Say not–Who’s on the Committee?
But–God’s our Director!

Say not–Shall I not starve?
But–God feeds the birds!

Say not–I have no talents!
But–Christ is my wisdom!

Say not–Have I the faith?
But–Doubting is sin!

Say not–I am not eloquent!
But–Who made man’s mouth?

Say not–I don’t want to be fanatical!
But–Make me a flame of fire!

Say not–I am a doctor. Who’ll build and support my hospital?
But–I trust God for all!

Say not–I fear the devil!
But–With the sling of faith and a smooth stone from the Book, I’ll knock Goliath’s head off!

Say not–Good-bye (in tears), I’ll soon come back again!
But–I’m off to the Devil’s Den to turn the Devil out! How lucky I am! I’ve got my “Blue” at last! Certainly I am to be congratulated. Thanks awfully!

Adieu!

Up, for this is the day: is not the Lord gone out before thee?”
Up! Up! Ye Baraks.
Up! Up! Ye Deborahs.
Up! Up! to this work of the Lord.

- "Mother" C.T. Studd

No comments: