Friday, February 25, 2011

I Was Awarded

The rules:


1. Thank the person who gave you the award.


2. Write seven things about yourself.


3. Pass on to seven other bloggers.


4. Tell the seven awardees of their award! :)

The person who awarded me:
Melanie 
 
Thank you so much, Melanie. I'm grateful that you (said you) like my blog, and for awarding me. (I have to say, I never thought I was "stylish")


Seven things about me:

Number one: It wouldn't be a lie if I told you I have the potential for being one of the worst human beings alive. (I almost was and sometimes almost am.)

Number Two (and probably the most important): My sin is forgiven because of Jesus' death and resurrection. I am a new person continually trying to let Christ live through me.

Number Three: Galatians 2:20 is my favorite verse, and it explains the way I try to be perfectly, "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

Number Four: I'm not really important so I don't have seven things to say about myself. I'm not going to post about myself, just about what the LORD is showing me and doing to me.

Number Five: When I'm am uneasy, worried, sad or troubled I find peace in Christ Jesus. "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27) As my grandad says, if you can't sleep at night "don't count sheep, talk to the Shepherd."

Number Six: I would encourage anyone who reads this to join the Bible Bee this summer. If you have friends/family ages 7 to 18 you should tell them about it too. If you are older than 18 you can still be a part of the Bible Bee by volunteering, encouraging your church to host a Bible Bee, or donating. (Being in the Bible Bee was one of the best decisions I've ever made.)

Number Seven: I want to share a story with you I read recently. It is sad and beautiful, but it is a picture of sacrificial love. Hope Does Not Put To Shame

Seven Bloggers I'm awarding:

Ashley


Sam
 

Riah





Lauren



Catlia



Michelle 
  




Eve 
 



All seven of you have wonderful blogs. I look forward to reading your blog posts. Thank you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You so much!
I did not know that you had your own blog! Do any of your other sisters have their own blog?

Riahjoy

Michelle said...

Thanks so much for the award, Ashlin! :D It might take me (us) a few days to respond on our blog. hehe

Michelle
http://3sistersjourney.wordpress.com/

Ashley Hoover said...

Thanks for the award! I'll try to get my post up sometime tomorrow!

Ashlin said...

You're all so welcome. You deserved it, I love reading your blogs (and I can't wait to see your seven things ;) )!

Riah, a certain younger sis of mine has a blog, but she doesn't post. It's just a "practice" blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for awarding us, Ashlin! I didn't know you had your own blog, is your older sister keeping up with the other blog?