Thank you, Sarah, of Sarah, Plain & Average for awarding me. . .
I love the name of the award. =)
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate a few other bloggers.
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
- Notify the bloggers on their blog.
- Put the award button on your blog.
1. What color are your eyes? What would your dream color be (if any)? That’s a funny question, I think. Because, up until about a year ago I’ve always said my eyes were hazel/brown. In reality, they are just plain brown, but the turn a little green or sometimes more golden when I’m wearing certain colors or the lighting is right. So, my eyes are brown, but my dream color would be hazel. Hehe! =)
|my eyes, unedited =P|
2. How tall are you? What’s next, “How much do you weigh?” “What’s your shoe size?” Just kidding. I’m just giving sweet Sarah a hard time. ;P I am 5’7”, the same height as my great-grandfather. (He’s measure himself with me more than once, haha.)
3. If you could be ONE fictional character, who would it be and why? (this applies to books and films) A this is literally the most difficult question I’ve ever been asked in a questionnaire! Ah! Haha…. *deep breath* Okay. So, after pacing the floor a few times, I’ve decided. My original thought was ‘anyone in Narnia who loves Aslan’, most likely Edmund, maybe Lucy. But then there is the real world that I really am in love with already, so I thought maybe Anne of Green Gables. Finally, I decided I would love to be Nancy Drew. From the original series where Nancy was sophisticated and glamorous, not the modern books, movies or TV shows. She was beautiful, charming, never partial to others, and had two amazing friends. (Not to mention one amazing car!) I was really bad at reading as a kid, but I would spend over an hour to get through one chapter of Nancy drew, when I wouldn’t spend ten minutes to read anything easier.
4. Would you prefer a walk in the sunshine? or a stroll by the light of the moon?
The sky is the daily bread of the eyes. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds. ~G.K. Chesterton
To see the Summer Sky
Is Poetry, though never in a Book it lie -
True Poems flee.
We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon. ~Konrad Adenauer
Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love, to work, to play, and to look up at the stars. ~Henry Van Dyke
Look at your feet. You are standing in the sky. When we think of the sky, we tend to look up, but the sky actually begins at the earth. ~Diane Ackerman
Now, if God
made the clouds so beautiful, did He not mean us to gaze upon them and be
thankful for them? ~Alfred Rowland
|I don't walk in a place like this, but it's pretty.|
No sight is more provocative of awe than is the night sky. ~Llewelyn Powys
Sorry. . . to answer your question, I’d prefer a walk in the sunshine.
5. What would your dream profession be? (For example, if my life had taken a different path, I would have wished to become a professional ballerina.) :] Okay, my dream life would consist of three proffessions. 1, I would be a dancer. A really great dancer. I would perform in the streets, at the park, and of course with the studio I studied at. 2, I would run a small group home for foster children/orphans. 3, I would be a teacher/tutor.
And in my dreams these were simultaneous. Yeah. I know. Never gonna happen.
6. What is at the top of your To-Be-Read pile, or skyscraper? I’m reading The Warden and the Wolf King, Good, and Touching Godliness through Submission.
7. If you had a "pet" dragon, what color would he/she be? and what would his/her name be? Feel free to be creative. It’s color would match the sky. My dragon would change from magnificent sunrise hues, to blues from pale to brilliant. Sometimes, he would look grey with a menacing storm. Always ending the day with as many colors as the rays of a sunset until he finally sleeps with a blanket of velvety black and the stars light in his eyes. I would call him Shamar שָׁמַר it means "to keep, watch, preserve" in Hebrew.
8. If you were to discover that you were the long-lost princess of a distant realm, what would be your first reaction? I hope they don’t need a ruler, because to be honest, I’m a fan of the world I live in now and I'm looking forward to my future right here. Ahem. Where’s my sense of adventure?! I mean to say, Wow! I knew it! Let me go tell my people!
9. What is your favorite book of the Bible? Favorite verse? My favorite book of the Bible?! Oh, c’mon Sarah! Um, Psalms, Matthew and Philippians are probably my top three. How can can I share one favorite verse from an entire book? Every word of God is amazing and perfect!
The two verses in Psalms that are always at the front of my mind, and always cause my heart to praise are Psalm 73:25-26 and Psalm 94:17-19
“Unless the Lord had been my help,
Lord, will hold me up.
Lord, will hold me up.
Philippians 2:17-18 are basically the theme verses of the book, imo. Paul says, “Yes, and if I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all. For the same reason you also be glad and rejoice with me.”
In Philippians 4:1 Paul says, “Therefore, my beloved and longed-for brethren, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, beloved.” I love that verse. I love to read that verse.But then again, I love the book of John...
10. Do you have a dream car? If so, what is it? I looked up the top ten dream cars and Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe is gorgeous! Of course the price rage was $497,875 - $545,470… The first car I buy will be in a price range $2000 - $3000. But when I’ve used that car til it’s death my dream car has only two requirements. 1) that it would be a vehicle that is economical but 2) still seats a lot. I’d love to have a car big enough for my whole family to ride with me, or at least have room for plenty of friends. =)
I would like to award the following:
Jenny and/or Julia at Maidens of Virtue
Susanna at Susanna's Blog
Risa and/or Sam at Books Ballet an Basketball
and... I guess who ever else wants it because my mind is drawing a blank!
1. What is one thing you tend to spend most of your time doing?
2. What is your favorite job/chore to work on? (Some work is satisfying and fun!)
3. If you could have any pet (wild or not) what animal would you like?
4. Do you have a favorite book? (What is it?)
5. Name what you like most about your best friend.
6. What does your best friend like most about you?
7. Favorite time of day?
8. What is a song you've been enjoying/listening to a lot lately?
9. Favorite snack/meal you make for yourself?
10. What is your main love language?