Sunday, March 16, 2014

Awards!



The Rules:
1.  link the blog that nominated you for the award.
2.  choose eleven bloggers to nominate that have less than 200 followers.
3.  answer the questions given to you.
4.  let the people who you've nominated know when you've done so.
5.  you can't nominate the person that has nominated you.
6.  create eleven questions for the bloggers you've nominated to answer.
7.  you must follow the blog that nominated you. (yeah, I crossed that out.)

Sarah's Questions:
 
1.  Where were you born? In the desert, a Catholic hospital named after a saint. Funny thing: All of my five siblings were born at a different hospital!
 
2.  If you could meet any ONE fictional character, whether from a book or movie, who would it be?  When I was a little girl, I would have ridden on a magic carpet with Aladdin/Abu! Now, I might just have lunch with Captain America, I feel like he'd have something worthwhile to talk about. Plus he's, like, a superhero!
 
3.  Do you prefer coffee or hot tea? Yes! I crave coffee more often, but I drink twice as much tea because it doesn't have the bad effects of coffee. *sigh*
 
4.  If you had (or do have) an abundance of money, what is your ideal dream vacation? Some place in South America would be my first choice. But I wouldn't care as much where I went as I would with whom I went with. With my family, I would be happy anywhere.
 
 5.  If you could travel to any time period (Medieval era, western 1800s, 1950's, etc), where would you go? I'd love to go back in time to right around 30 A.D. and hear Jesus talk, and see what the culture was really like, and feel what his follower's felt.
 
6.  Medieval or Futuristic? Meh.
 
7.  Would you rather travel cross country in a plane or car? I've never flown in a plane, so for now, I'd have to say car. =)
 
8.  If you could be either an Elf, Dwarf, or Hobbit, which would you be? An elf. (Keebler, please) =P
 
9.  Do you prefer to play a musical instrument or simply listen? I prefer to play only when it sounds good - thus I always prefer to listen. lol
 
10.  Who is your best friend?  (This isn't a test, it could be (me!) a sister, Pippin, or a pet--which, if this is the case, you seriously need to get out in the world more.) I don't have just one. If you want to know who my best friends are, refer to question 4.
 
11.  What is your favorite TV show? This is a tough one. . . I like The Amazing Race, Barefoot Contessa, and The Dick Vandyke Show lots! So I like a variety . . .

My 11 Questions:
Who is one movie/book character you've always related to?
Which of your pets has been your favorite pet?
What is one song you've really been enjoying lately?
If you could change something about yourself what would it be?
Who was the first Christian to really affect you, and leave an impact?
When is your birthday?
What is your favorite snack food?
Would you rather go to the doctor or the dentist?
What is the most difficult thing you've ever done?
How many siblings do you have, and where do you fall?
How many children do you imagine yourself having?
 

----------------------------------
And now for the Sunflower Award!

Rules:
1.  Share 11 facts about yourself
2.  Answer the 11 questions set by your nomination blogger- Nominate 11 bloggers

3.  Set questions for the nominated bloggers.


11 Facts (or fiction) About Me:
 
1. I would love to write children's books someday.
2. Lord willing, my two big sisters and I will be on our first airplane trip, headed to China this June!
3. I'm an extrovert and a social butterfly who feels shy often.
4. I've been trying to learn Spanish my entire life. (Does that say something about my poor work effort or my great dedication??) :/
5. I have very little strength in the area of discernment. When I don't ask for fact-checking/advice in my life, I get duped.
6. I love to watch musicals! Gene Kelly, Doris Day, Fred Astaire. . . I've seen vast collection of musicals, over 30.
7. Along those lines, I'm a fan of 40's fashion.
8. I hated chocolate until I was a teenager. Now I love dark chocolate; 80% -85%!
9. I'm a good cook, but not a great baker.
10. I'm into health. I like to research, exercise, etc..
11. I like to dance. A lot.





Since it was a combination of two awards, Sarah only asked five more questions:

1.  What color are your eyes?
Hazel / Brown.
2.  Would you rather read a book or watch a movie?
Watch a movie -I'm not good at reading.
3.  Who is your favorite Disney princess? (Elsa and Anna count!)
Tiana, from The Princess and the Frog, or Mulan, from. . . ya know, Mulan.
4.  If given the choice, would you rather write a letter or talk on the phone? One or the other, texting is not a choice in this question.  :]
Probably talk on the phone.... although receiving a letter is so sweet!
5.  If you could do something drastically awesome, and wouldn't have to worry about being judged by others, what would it be?  (i.e. get a haircut you normally wouldn't choose, buy an expensive something you've wanted all your life, etc.)
I would learn a song on my guitar. Then I'd go out to a busy street and play and sing for everyone passing to hear.
 
My 11 Questions:
What is your favorite word/phrase?
What are you most thankful for right now?
What is your greatest strength?
What is a pet peeve of yours?
Do you have any funny quirks?
You tend to say ______ a lot?
You have a lot of . . . .?
You need more of . . . ?
Someday, you hope to be . . . ?
You believe strongly in . . . ?
One person who always seems to make you smile is . . . ?
 
And finally, I award:
 
 
 Thank you very much, Sarah!
I hope everyone has a lovely day!
 

1 comment:

Sarah Cnossen said...

Haha! Loved this! So glad you did it :D Your answers to number 2 is PERFECT! and your "Keebler, please?" was hilarious! Oh, and I think your great dedication in learning the Spanish language is awesome ;D Dark chocolate all the way!!!