Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Dig A Well

My mom shared this: dig a well in prayer with me and it was really encouraging. I hope you read it and like it. (Since I am obviously not going to write any more blog posts this year, maybe I could share one written by another... )

The last thing I wanted to share with you is something I read this morning and had to re-read for the simple truth that struck me so deeply.
A reminder of the importance of this Call.

"We may take heart from the suffering of Job. Suffering was the necessary proof of the reality of his faith - to us, as to his contemporaries and his enemy Satan (his and ours). The suffering of our Savior proved the reality of His love for His Father. The world still needs to be shown that there are those who, no matter what the circumstances, will, for the love of Him, do exactly what God commands. The end He has in view is a glorious one. We can fully count on that, as we can count on the naked wood's one day exploding into a glory of blossom." -Elisabeth Elliot

 
May you be filled with His joy, peace, and blessings from above.
 
Love in Christ,
                                                                                    Ashlin

No comments: