Monday, January 14, 2013

Amazing.

I cannot comprehend, cannot wrap my mind around this overwhelming love and grace from above. The perfect goodness of our Creator given to the most undeserving but most loved creation.

"as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." 2 Peter 1:3-4


I read and re-read these verses, and the Love of my life leaves me awe-struck.

This incredible, difficult, beautiful life is filled with His "exceedingly great and precious promises" though I am so undeserving and fail so often He is always, always faithful.

May you draw nearer to Him this week. Though it may be hard and you may be brought to your knees countless times, He knows everything you have suffered, and are suffering and He is there with you and understands it all. His grace is sufficient, His strength made perfect in our weakness. Call out to Him, talk with Him more. He is eager to spend one-on-one time with you as a bridegroom savors time with his bride.


He is so deserving of anything and everything we can give to Him.

2 comments:

Reina Laaman said...

AH! I can't believe it! Actually, I can totally believe it. This scripture just came to my mind a few days ago when I was in the depths. That God gives us everything we need for life and for godliness. So I read the rest of the chapter and it floored me (I was still sitting in my chair, but you know). I keep telling myself day after day (because it's so incredible) that I am a partaker of the divine nature. Thank you, Ashlin!

Sarah said...

Beautiful, just beautiful! Thanks for posting, Lady Ashlin =]
This brings to mind a song I've heard sung by Phillips, Craig, & Dean: "Your grace still amazes me, Your love is still a mystery. Each day, I fall on my knees; 'cause Your grace still amazes me!"
Look it up, if you haven't heard it yet!
Love,
Sarah