Thursday, July 19, 2012

Auf Wiedersehen!

Wow, I can't believe the year is more than half over. Is Summer more than half spent too? Yeah, I think it is. It is a good thing I'm not one of those crazy people who believe the Mayans were predicting the world will end this December. I'm glad I don't have to worry about this being the last July I may ever know. But then again, while I shouldn't fret (too much) over the way I spent this July, I'm not promised this won't be my last July.
I mean honestly. So many times we go through life hold tight to thing that we feel entitled too. God, we say, I can't be happy if I don't get married, You owe me at least that much! Right?!

I posted about the short-ness of life not to long ago and I don't want to sound like a broken record.

I'm going to be leaving out of town for a while. I get to be a nanny/babysitter for four really great kiddos, but that means I'm not gonna be posting for a while. Just thought I'd give you a heads up. So this is farewell for a time.

Ecc. 12:13 says, "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; fear God and keep his commandments, for this is man's all."

The joy that comes from obedience is so far above any earthly treasure we can gain here! Ask yourself, ask the Lord, today how you can spend it for Him? How to show Him you desire His treasure, of unimaginable cost above the passing treasures of this life.

Blessings,
Ashlin

1 comment:

Abeeda said...

Yes time seems to be going by so quickly, before we know it December will be here. I know I still owe you something, and I will explain soon. Hope you have a blessed trip, looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back.
God bless you,
Abeeda